Sunday, March 27, 2016

2016 Louisiana Derby Featuring Gun Runner

Louisiana Derby This is what it is all about. A top notch field, filled with many of the Kentucky Derby candidates (and plenty of Uncle Mo DNA) put on a great show. Gun Runner won and now has 151 points, sitting on top of the Derby Leader Board.  Is Gun Runner for real? Yes, without question. Is he the same caliber horse as Mohaymen or Nyquist? No, but he is a good enough horse that he can pull an upset. The plot will thicken with the upcoming Florida Derby when Nyquist and Mohaymen run...



Gun Runner has now bested Mo Tom every time he has faced him. Mo Tom was pushed hard into the rail in the latter part of the last furlong.

Jockey Corey Lanerie was frank after the race, admitting to fault in Mo Tom's defeat: “It was a bad ride and totally my fault. He came underneath me and I had more horse than I knew what to do with and I got him in trouble and went inside when I shouldn't have. I doubt they'll let me sit on him again. He's a great horse.”

Mo Tom's trainer Tom Amoss was disappointed by the decision as well: “It was a good race, but the pace didn't set up the same this time. I really thought he ran a prepared race and a great race, I was just puzzled as to why Corey went down to the rail. I just hope he didn't hurt my horse. I am surprised. There were other choices and I don't understand why he did what he did. Watching this was like going to the schoolyard and watching your kid get beat up by another kid. It's so hard to watch something like that with all the preparation we do. We will make sure he's okay before we make any other decisions.” (Paulick)




No comments:

Post a Comment