Saturday, February 27, 2016

Gulfstream Park: Fountain of Youth, Davona Dale, Texas Glitter, Here Comes The Bride, Canadian Turf. Palm Beach Stakes

Fountain of Youth Stakes
“I had to ask him a little more today because I let him run a little more from the half-mile pole,” explained Alvarado. “Turning for home when he’s switching leads I cannot check him, but maybe one or two times with the reins to let him know that he still needs to finish for me. He gave it to me right away. After that I geared him down, I didn’t want him to do that much. (Zulu and jockey John Velazquez) tried to engage me a little bit, but it’s horse racing—I’ve got the best horse today and he makes my job very easy. It doesn’t get much more exciting. I’ve always been very high on him. Each race he improves even more and he proves that he has everything that a rider would want in a horse to point to those big races.” (Story)

Davona Dale Stakes
"I really liked the way she did it. It was really impressive. It was the first time I rode her," said Castellano. "She did it really easy. I liked the way she started the first quarter mile. She was never rank or anything like that. I covered up behind horses, and when I asked her she took off. I can put her in the best, top quality horses in the country the way she did it." Story

Gulfstream Park Sprint
He had to stretch his speed 110 yards farther than optimum and did himself no favors by bobbling while leaving the gate, but the raw speed of X Y Jet was too much for his rivals on Saturday in the Grade 3, Story

Texas Glitter Stakes

Platinum Seven and partners’ Manhattan Dan broke sharply from the starting gate and streaked to an easy five-length triumph in the $75,000 Texas Glitter, a five-furlong turf dash for 3-year-olds that kicked off Saturday’s 13-race Fountain of Youth Day card. Ridden by Javier Castellano, the Gary Contessa-trained colt ran five furlongs over a firm turf course in 54.97 seconds as the 2.40-1 second choice. Noholdingback Bear, the 2.10-1 favorite, finished second, two lengths ahead of Monster Bea. Short Story

Here Comes the Bride Stakes

Canadian Turf Stakes
Heart to Heart, who shared the highweight of 123 pounds with Avanzare, has now won four of his last five starts and seven races dating back to the summer of 2014. Story

Sand Spring Stakes
One of the best of the day

Palm Beach Stakes


No comments:

Post a Comment